What you will learn in the Sweet Spot Course
- How combining the principles of dressage and natural horsemanship gives you the best of both worlds
- How to create healthy biomechanics while strengthening the partnership you have with your horse
- How to cause your horse to be relaxed, energized, balanced, and free moving online and under saddle
- A new way to improve your position without building or creating tension in you or your horse
- A reliable system to find a positive connection through the reins
- How to understand the theory of gymnastic training so you can make your own lesson plans
Course Outline & Modules
ORIENTATION: In order to know how to reach your dream, you have to know where you are starting from! You will already be transforming after taking our assessment, and setting your intentions.
1. Big Picture and Foundation Check Up: This is where you will learn how dressage and natural horsemanship combine so you can have the best of both worlds. You also will discover the parts of your foundation that you will especially want to have working well in order to get the most out of the exercises to improve your horse’s posture.
2. Conversations about Relaxation, Energy, and Balance: The first step in creating the dream is creating the ingredients! You will learn how to get 100% responsiveness to the communications necessary to effect your horse’s posture and find the sweet spot of healthy biomechanics. Problems here are the source of at least 80% of the disharmony I see between riders and horses.
3. Finding Your Active Neutral: Put the ingredients together in a way where you and your horse are sharing the movement. Learn how to cause your horse to participate in sustaining the sweet spot. This is where you will find greater harmony and lightness in self carriage!
4. Take Control Of Your Body Language: It’s only fair that we address your human posture, too! Learn ways to change and improve your posture in a very unique and lasting way!
5. Riding In Connection With The Reins: Learn the true purpose of the reins, and how to connect with them. Learn how to preserve self-carriage, and understand when and why to use a bitless bridle or hackamore versus a bit. Learn concepts and exercises to set you and your horse up for true lightness in connection.
6. Ultimate Self Carriage: This is where you solidify your sweet spot of healthy biomechanics, and harmonious connection, and take it forward with you. Learn concepts and exercises that will allow you to gymnastically develop you and your horse.
GRADUATION: We’ll help you determine if you are ready to move on to the second course in the Virtual Arena: The Upward Spiral Of Successful Gymnastics.
- Independent seat: comfortable riding at walk, trot, and canter on a loose rein
- Big emotional issues; bolting, rearing, explosiveness, are foundational issues which will not be covered in this course and should be resolved with a foundation specialist.
- Horse understands basic yields from a stand still (forehand yield, hind quarter yield, sideways), from a light aid
- Horse understands how to move on line in a circle at walk trot and canter
- Some basic understanding of natural horsemanship ideas is recommended, but not necessary